Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Entrepreneurship #1

The word entrepreneur might be a little too big to be used in my situation but I still want to use it because it gives me sort of a 'premium' character.
In this series of blog, I'd like to blog down the journey of starting my own business, with my partner, also a childhood friend.
Unlike many of the books we get from the market that talk about the success of the business and very briefly go through the harsh time (the only way they express about the difficult is to explain it using "cashflow problem"), I will be writing about the details of the obstacles, my feeling and what I am going to do,
Hopefully one day I can be a enlighten millionaire to share about my story.

It's a bit too late to start writing now because I've actually been through a hell long of mental struggle and pressure especially when I was at the edge of committing to this decision. Well, better late than never, everything starts from somewhere.

Today was the first day I went to give out flyers, a form of offline marketing. It's pretty embarrassing I feel because I still have the ego of being a NUS graduate. While I was putting the flyers into the mailbox, I was thinking " why the hell am I doing this kind of work, why am I not getting a good salary, what expertise do I need for this kind of job "
It's not about the tiredness, rather the mixed feeling I have, the ego that I have to overcome.
Well, I got it done by 4:30pm. A sense of relief, not only because I do no need to give out anymore, but it's also because more I had gotten my job done, to spread the news and info about my products.
So eventually it boils down to task performance.
Lesson learnt : get the job done rationally, fuck the fluctuating emotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment